There are also excursions away from the city of Cairo, to see Alexandria, which founded by Alexander the Great in 332 BC, Alexandra soon found its true vocation, becoming the cultural center of Mediterranean region. Alexandria is Egypt’s second largest city, and is very different from Cairo. A tour led by an expert guide is more attractive option than trying to understand these ancient sites alone.
- Duration: About 10 Hours – Type: Private Tour – Run: Every Day
- Pick up service from your Hotel and return.
- Qualified Egyptologist tour guide.
- Private air conditioned vehicle.
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites.
- Lunch at local restaurant.
- All tours include more than a few stops for shopping.
- Any extra not mentioned in the itinerary.
Our tour guide will pick you up from your hotel in Cairo and transfer to enjoy amazing day tour to Alexandria, first visit Pompay’s Pillar, on the site of the ancient Temple of Serapis attributed to Pompey. Move on to visit the Catacombs of Kom al Shuqafa, the most important hypogeum in Alexandria, the Kom al Shuqafa catacombs date from the 2nd century AD and their decoration is a result of the fusion of Hellenistic and pharaonic elements so typical of Alexandrian art and culture. Then visit Alexandria Library ( from outside). Having your Lunch at local restaurant in Alexandria, before moving to see Qaitbay Fort ( from outside), the fort of Sultan Qaitbay is one of the symbols of Alexandria. It was built on the ancient island of Pharos, over the ruins of the world-famous lighthouse. Later you will be driven back to your hotel in Cairo.
Price per Person per Trip
|Single||2-3 Persons||4-6 Persons|
|Prices||100 $||85 $||75 $|
Tour & Prices:
- Prices are quoted in US Dollars per person per trip. You can pay in Euro or British Pound.
- 0 – 01.99 Free of Charge
- 2 – 5.99 pay 25% of tour price
- 6 – 11.99 pay 50% of tour price
- 12+ pay full tour price as per adult person.
Additional entry tickets
- All our Egypt tours and excursions don’t include entrance fees to special archaeological sites such as entering one of the Pyramids inside, to visit solar boat museum at the Pyramids area, to visit the mummies room at the Egyptian museum, or to visit the tomb of King Tutankhamen at Valley of the Kings.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Book Now Pay On Arrival, the easiest and safe way to book any tour & activity in Egypt.