Abu Simbel tour, early in the morning, leave Aswan to visit the rock-cut temple of Ramesses ll on the west bank of the Nile at Abu Simbel, the greatest of the seven rock-cut temples which the king constructed in Nubia and the most impressive of all the Egyptian monument in the area.
- Duration: About 9 Hours – Type: Private Tour – Run: Every Day
Our day trip to Abu Simbel included
- Pick up service from your Hotel or Nile Cruise and return.
- Qualified tour guide.
- Private air conditioned vehicle.
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites.
Our day trip to Abu Simbel excluded
- Any extra not mentioned in the itinerary.
Our tour guide will pick you up from your hotel in Aswan or your Nile Cruise to start your Abu Simbel tour by a private air conditioned vehicle. The temple was not seen by the Europeans until the 19th century, when it was discovered by Burckhardt in 1813 and penetrated by Giovanni Belzoni in 1817. Today, as a result of the international effort which moved the huge, cliff-cut temple and the Small Temple to higher around during the construction of the Aswan High Dam in the 1960, the monument is one of the most famous in Egypt. The temple was called simply Hut Ramesses Meryamun, “The Temple of Ramesses, Beloved of Amun. The massive facade of the main temple is dominated, of course, by the four seated colossi of Ramesses, are among the tallest made in Egypt. The Great Temple of Abu Simbel was constructed to face eastwards so that the sun’s rays illuminated the structure’s facade each sunrise. To the north of the main temple a smaller, yet still impressive, temple was built in honour of Ramesses’s great wife, Nefertari, and the goddess Hathor, the deity most closely associated with queen ship in ancient Egypt. End of your Abu Simbel tour, Later you will be driven back to your hotel or your Nile Cruise in Aswan.
Price per Person per Trip
|Single||2-3 Persons||4-6 Persons|
|Prices||125 $||75 $||65 $|
Tour & Prices:
- Prices are quoted in US Dollars per person per trip. You can pay in Euro or British Pound.
- 0 – 01.99 Free of Charge
- 2 – 5.99 pay 25% of tour price
- 6 – 11.99 pay 50% of tour price
- 12+ pay full tour price as per adult person.
Additional entry tickets
- All our Egypt tours and excursions don’t include entrance fees to special archaeological sites such as entering one of the Pyramids inside, to visit solar boat museum at the Pyramids area, to visit the mummies room at the Egyptian museum, or to visit the tomb of King Tutankhamen at Valley of the Kings.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Book Now Pay On Arrival, the easiest and safe way to book any tour & activity in Egypt.