Tour to Philae temple in Aswan
Our tour guide will pick you up from your hotel in Aswan or your Nile Cruise to visit Philae temple, it was famed for its beauty and was known as the “Pearl of Egypt”, the tiny island of Philae captured the imagination of countless travelers to Egypt from early times, Gracious Graeco-Roman temples and colonnades, Kiosks and sanctuaries rose proudly against the skyline. Philae was situated south of Aswan and, therefore, strictly belongs to Nubia. Isis was worshiped by the Egyptians and Nubian alike. Move on to visit the High Dam of Aswan, the most important achievements of the last century. End your tour by an area of ancient granite quarries, where the most valuable stone for the building of many of Egypt’s monuments was obtained, visitors on tours are often taken to see the unfinished obelisk which still remains in situ attached to the rock on one side, the gigantic single piece of granite was intended to be an obelisk and is generally attributed to Queen Hatshepsut, being very similar to her obelisk in Karnak temple in Luxor. Later you will be driven back to your hotel or your Nile Cruise in Aswan.
- Pick up service from your Hotel or Nile Cruise and return.
- Qualified Egyptologist tour guide.
- Private air conditioned vehicle.
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites.
- Motor boat to the island of Philae.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
Price per Person per Trip
|Single||2-3 Persons||4-6 Persons||7-10 Persons|
|Prices||50 U$D||40 U$D||30 U$D||25 U$D|
- We advise if you are willing to offer tipping, this would be great.